Register to receive newsletters and other goodies. Register»
Topic Options
#782868 - 02/05/20 09:25 AM What are some easy vegetables I could grow
freestown7 Offline
Regular

What are some easy vegetables I could grow on a balcony with partial sunlight?

#782881 - 02/06/20 07:08 PM Re: What are some easy vegetables I could grow [Re: freestown7]
oliviabacker Offline
Regular

maybe just some salad greens? Most other garden vegetables I grow need full sun. But there are tons of goodies in the salad green family and it is ever so nice to be able to have fresh salads right out of the garden, balcony for you.

Another area to think about is microgreens and sprouts. Both are super providors of nutrients, way more than the same amount of a full grown vegetable. And you can grow those even where you donít have a lot of light to grow with. They also fit in well to a salad garden. For instance I grow radish and brocolli sprouts constantly to go on top of my salad greens. Alfalfa and clover sprouts go on my sandwiches instead of lettuce.

#782882 - 02/06/20 07:11 PM Re: What are some easy vegetables I could grow [Re: oliviabacker]
freestown7 Offline
Regular

Well, I was recommended to start from these herbs (sage, rosemary, mint, basil) that will work part of the year, and bring them inside when it is cold. Then I got those great jumbo planters uk https://getpotted.com/planters/jumbo/ They are simply perfect for any balcony. This is not surprising given their functionality and versatility.

#782917 - 02/14/20 02:53 PM Re: What are some easy vegetables I could grow [Re: freestown7]
taty22 Offline
Regular

I also recommend growing greens

Moderator:  keyfax, TomTom, Tones, yamahammer